Anyone who likes bacon and waffles should definitely like these!
- 1⁄2lb sliced bacon
- 2cups all-purpose flour
- 2tablespoons sugar
- 2teaspoons baking powder
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2cups milk
- 2tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2large eggs, at room temp
- cook bacon until crisp, drain and crumble.
- plug-in electric waffle iron to preheat.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl, whisk together to blend.
- Pour milk in a glass measuring cup and microwave for 1 minute at full power to heat slightly. Pour into medium bowl, whisk in melted butter and eggs. Add liquid ingredients to flour mixture, whisking just until blended.
- Grease waffle iron with cooking spray. Spread about 1/3 cup batter over each iron and sprinkle 1/8 of bacon on top. Close waffle iron and cook until done. Repeat with remaining batter and bacon.
- Serve with warm syrup.