Recipe by Debbie W
I love mexican food and the way it makes my house smell….all the spices are just intoxicating! I made these babies with my Machaca and used the left over broth in the sauce..To die for!! I had to drink a Margarita to snap out of it!!
3-4 c shredded cheddar cheese
2 Tbsp olive oil
2-3 clove garlic..minced
1 medium yellow or white onion chopped
1 tsp oregano(i used mexican oregano but regular is fine)
3 Tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp basil
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp chipotle chili pepper(red pepper can be sub)
2-3 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
6oz can(s) tomato sauce
2 c water
if you have made the machaca you can add about 1-2 cups of the broth
meat..you can use any meat..ground meat ..shredded chicken.
1. In a large sauce pan saulte onions and garlic in the olive oil..until onions are clear. Add tomato sauce and all the seasoning.
2. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low..simmer for 20-30 min.
3. Preheat oven to 350
4. allow sauce to cool ..prepare a large pan by spraying it with non stick cooking spray
5. Dip corn tortillas in sauce ..roll each one with meat and cheese. When your pan is full top with diced onions..the remaining sauce and cheese.
6. Bake covered for about 40 min then uncovered for 10
7. Serve with rice and beans and ENJOY!!!!
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!
Join our mailing list & get FREE recipes!
Sign up here to get the latest updates and recipes delivered directly to your inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.