Recipe by Bonnie ^O^ .
This recipe is a good side dish to serve along with your other Mexican dishes or it can be served alone as the main dish. A hearty meal, and you can add your favorite seasonings and as much heat as you desire. Enjoy! Photo is my own,recipe from the net with changes.
1 pound ground sirloin
1/2 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup red bell pepper
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspooon garlic powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon allspice
2 4 ounce cans chopped green chilis
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, and a little more for the top of the casserole
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup flour
4 eggs beaten
dash of tobasco
toppings of sour cream, black sliced olives and chopped green onions
1. In a medium sized skillet, add the olive oil and saute the onion, garlic and bell pepper with a pinch of salt until onion is translucent.
2. Then add the ground beef and season with salt and pepper, cumin, allspice and cook until just browned (cooked through). It is going in the oven so don’t overcook the beef.
3. Set your skillet at an angle and allow all the fat to drain away from the beef mixture. Soak up the grease with a paper towel and discard.
4. In a 9 x 13 x 1 1/2 inch baking dish add one can of the chilis, spread evenly over bottom of dish.
5. Sprinkle with the sharp cheese and then add the drained ground beef mixture, spreading evenly.
6. Add the second can of chilis over the meat.
7. In a small mixing bowl add the milk, sour cream, flour, salt, pepper, beaten eggs and dash of tobasco. Whisk well until smooth and pour this mixture evenly over the dish.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes until it is set. Add some cheese to the top about ten minutes before the dish is done. If the dish is not brown enough when cooking time ends, turn the oven on broil, watch carefully so it doesn’t burn, only takes about five minutes or so. Cut into squares to serve and top with sour cream black olives and chopped green onions. Enjoy!
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!
Put the image below in one of your Pinterest boards so you can always have it with you when you need it.This enables us to continue receiving funding from Pinterest.