I wanted to try something different instead of a plain onion ring! So I came up with Onion Balls! Onion broilers are like pearl onions, but a little bigger! Found in the produce section labeled onion broilers.
8 oz sour cream
1 small packet Hidden Valley Ranch
5 Tbsp cajun seasoning, divided
4 1/2 Tbsp cayenne pepper, divided
2 c self-rising flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 c milk, add more if needed
2 bags onion boilers, peeled
1 bottle canola oil
1. Preheat deep fryer to 400 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl add the sour cream, ranch packet, 1 tablespoon of the Cajun seasoning, and 1/2 teaspoon of the cayenne pepper. Mix well. Chill while onion boilers cook.
3. In a medium bowl add the flour, egg, and milk. Mix well.
4. Add 4 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning to the batter.
5. Add 4 tablespoons of the cayenne pepper to the batter.
6. Add the salt and black pepper to the batter. Mix well.
7. Take each onion boiler and coat with the batter. Deep fry for 1-2 minutes.
8. Drain on paper towel.
9. Enjoy with Cajun sauce!
Put the image below in one of your Pinterest boards so you can always have it with you when you need it.This enables us to continue receiving funding from Pinterest.