Easy Jambalaya Recipe
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes (about 2 breast pieces)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen shrimp, tails removed
- 1 lb (about 4) sausages (andouille sausage is most common, but use whatever you like!), sliced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 sweet bell peppers, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked rice (white or brown)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp. cayenne powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, peppers, celery, and garlic. Cook for a couple of minutes, or until veggies begin to sweat. Add the chicken and sausage, stirring frequently, using more olive oil if necessary. Cook until meat is browned and chicken is no longer pink. Season with salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika, oregano, and thyme. Cook for 1 more minute.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, Worcestershire, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil and add rice. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes, or until rice is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the frozen shrimp. Cook until heated through.
Stir occasionally so the rice does not stick to the bottom of the pan. We have made this with both white and brown rice, and each works perfectly!
Source: thecookiewriter. com/easy-jambalaya-recipe/