I was given this recipe in culinary school by one of my professors, and I can’t get enough. This is her written biography…’This is my mom’s dense, excellent and definitely unhealthy banana nut bread recipe. This is great at parties, but hazardous at home. Use any type of fat in place of the butter, such as shortening or oil. It works with brown or white sugar”. I followed the recipe to the exact measurements and I will have to admit that I almost ate the whole loaf at one sitting. HAZARDOUS!
1 2/3 c all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp salt
1 3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 c and 4 teaspoons of butter
1 2/3 c white sugar
1 2/3 c mashed overripe bananas
3 eggs beaten
3/4 c and 4 teaspoons chopped walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9×5 inch loaf pans.
2. SIft the flour, salt, and baking soda into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the butter or margarine and sugar until smooth. Mix in the bananas, eggs, and walnuts until well blended.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture, and stir until blended.
4. Divide the batter evenly between the two loaves.
5. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes in the preheated oven, until a knife inserted into the crown of the loaves comes out clean. Let the loaves cool in the pans for at least 5 minutes. Then turn out onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
6. Wrap in aluminum foil to keep in the moisture. Ideally, refrigerate the loaves for two hours or more before serving. TIP: Do not taste or cut the loaves in advance.
Put the image below in one of your Pinterest boards so you can always have it with you when you need it.This enables us to continue receiving funding from Pinterest.