Recipe by Laura Davis
Oh so good, If you prefer your cake with more sauce, just make a double batch. It is heavenly
3 c all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 c real butter
2 c sugar
1 c buttermilk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 c sugar
1/4 c water
1/2 c butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour bundt pan. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, set aside.
2. Cream: 1 cup butter, 2 cups sugar for about 5 minutes, Then blend in eggs one at a time.
3. Mix in buttermilk, and vanilla, adding alternately buttermilk and flour mixture into creamed mixture.
4. Pour in bundt pan and bake for 1 hour.
5. Butter Sauce: In medium sauce pan on medium heat mix sugar, water and butter, bring to low boil , stirring until sugar is dissolved, add vanilla,
6. When cake is still very hot, leave in bundt pan, poke small holes in top
7. Drizzle butter sauce over cake
8. Enjoy with a hot cup of coffee!
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!
Join our mailing list & get FREE recipes!
Sign up here to get the latest updates and recipes delivered directly to your inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.