This is one of my favorite cakes from when I was little. In fact, I always asked for this cake for my birthday because I loved it so much. It is simple but delicious. I have tried other oatmeal cakes, but none measure up to my mom’s. I hope you enjoy it.
1 1/4 c water, boiling
1 c oatmeal, old-fashioned, uncooked
1/2 c butter
1 c sugar
1 c brown sugar, firmly packed
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 c butter
2 c coconut
1 c nuts (finely chopped)
1 1/2 c brown sugar, firmly packed
8-10 Tbsp evaporated milk
1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Pour boiling water over oatmeal and set aside for 20 minutes.
2. Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs. Beat well.
3. Add vanilla and oatmeal mixture.
4. Add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix well.
5. Pour into a greased 9×13 inch pan.
6. Bake for 30 minutes.
Oatmeal Cake 7. For Topping: Melt butter. Add coconut, nuts, brown sugar, and milk.
8. Mix well.
9. Frost cake when you take it out of the oven.
10. Broil until the top is brown. Watch it carefully so it doesn’t burn.
Put the image below in one of your Pinterest boards so you can always have it with you when you need it.This enables us to continue receiving funding from Pinterest.