I am not really a dessert type of girl, BUT there are two cakes that I can eat all day. Yes, butter pound cake is one of them. This recipe will deliver a rich and moist cake. I am sure your taste buds will thank you. I am sure you will leave your approval stamp on this recipe!
This cake will get you raves wherever you bring it. The pound cake is so buttery and moist. This recipe is a simple, classic pound cake. Cut yourself a slice alongside a cup of tea. Or, add some fresh berries and whipped cream on top. After one bite, friends and family will be asking you to make this all the time.
1 1/2 c cake flour
1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
3 stick butter, unsalted (softened at room temp)
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
3 1/4 c sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp almond extract
1 tsp salt
6 large eggs
1. Beat butter and cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed until mixture comes together.
2. Add sugar and extracts.
3. Beat until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, alternating with flours 1/2 cup at a time until all eggs and flours are used.
5. Buttered, oil and flour a 10-cup shaped pan such as Bundt pan.
6. Transfer batter to the Bundt pan.
7. Place in cold oven. Heat oven to 325 degrees. Bake for about 1 1/2 hours or until a tester comes out clean.