for 8 servings
6 potatoes, peeled
2 cups grated parmesan cheese(220 g), divided
3 teaspoons salt, divided
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 sweet onion, diced
1 lb ground beef(455 g)
14 ½ oz diced tomato(410 g), 1 can, drained
4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped, divided
1 teaspoon paprika(2 g)
½ teaspoon pepper
6 cups spinach(240 g)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup ricotta cheese(250 g)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese(100 g)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Using a knife or mandolin cut the potatoes into slices ⅛-inch (3 mm) thick.
- On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, sprinkle half of the Parmesan cheese and spread until it is evenly covering the parchment paper.
- Place the potatoes over the parmesan so each potato is overlapping the previous potato both vertically and horizontally. Continue until the entire pan is filled with potatoes.
- Sprinkle to rest of the Parmesan evenly over the potatoes. Season with 1 teaspoon of salt. Bake for 30 minutes, until golden and the potatoes are flexible and slightly crispy.
- In a skillet heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onions, and cook until caramelized, about 15 minutes.
- Add the beef break up and mix with the onion until cooked. Mix in the tomatoes, 3 tablespoons of parsley, paprika, 1 teaspoon of salt, and pepper. Stir, cooking until the beef is browned and cooked through. Remove from heat.
- In a skillet heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the spinach, cook until wilted. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and the garlic. Stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl combine the spinach mixture and the ricotta. Set aside.
- Evenly spread the spinach mixture over the cooked potato sheet.
- Evenly spread the beef mixture over the spinach. Sprinkle mozzarella over the beef.
- Take one end of the potato sheet holding the parchment paper begin rolling upward, making sure the ingredients are not coming out the ends.
- Once the it is completely rolled place the potato roll on the parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley for garnish. Slice and serve immediately.