- 1 (11 ounces) box vanilla-flavored wafer cookies
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 3 cups whipped topping (cool whip or homemade), divided
- 2 (3.4-ounce boxes) French Vanilla flavored instant pudding
- 3 ¼ cups cold milk
- ½ cup white chocolate bits or pecan halves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Place cookies in a food processor to crush into crumbs or place into a plastic bag and roll with a rolling pin. Add pecans and stir. Remove 2 cups of the mixture and set aside. Add melted butter to the remaining crumbs and stir well. Press into a 9 x 13 bake dish and bake for 10 minutes, then cool completely.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream cheese, sugar and milk until smooth and creamy. Fold in half of the whipped topping. Prepare the vanilla pudding by combining with the milk and stirring until completely mixed and smooth.
- Once the bottom layer is cooled, spread the cream cheese mixture over the base.
- Sprinkle on about 1 cup of the remaining crumb mixture.
- Carefully spoon the pudding mixture over the crumbs, then the remaining whipped topping.
- Finish with the last cup of the crumbs and add white chocolate bits or whole pecans for garnish.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 4 hours or up to 12 hours before serving.
Source: http://www.coolhomerecipes .com/simple-layered-vanilla-pudding-dessert/2/