Recipe by Dene Mitzel
Don’t forget to have your New year’s Day cabbage for prosperity in the new year! I got this recipe from a friend year’s ago and have been serving it on New Year’s Day ever since. It includes sausage and potatoes and can be used as a main or side dish any time of the year!
2 Tbsp butter
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 c water
1 large head cabbage, cut into wedges
4-6 red potatoes, cut into cubes
1 lb smoked sausage, sliced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Melt butter in dutch oven; add onions and saute until tender.
2. Pour 1/2 cup water into the pot.
3. Add sausage slices and potato cubes.
4. Then add cabbage wedges.
5. Add salt & pepper.
6. Cover and steam for 30 min. or until tender.
7. Stir occasionally.
8. Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup water if needed to keep from burning.
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!
Put the image below in one of your Pinterest boards so you can always have it with you when you need it.This enables us to continue receiving funding from Pinterest.